Thursday, September 07, 2006

Back In The Saddle Again

I auditioned for the ACT production of South Pacific this week, and I made it. it was the first time that I had auditioned for anything in four years. maybe five. so yeah, I was a nervous wreck, but I knew once I did it I'd be fine, and the next one will be just like any other audition (back when I was auditioning all the time). I just wanted to be back in, and to be performing again. anything really, because it would give me the extra motivation to get my voice back in shape and my head back into performing. so being on stage? fabulous. not a problem. alot of faces out there is easier for me than two. the worst part is over, and now I get to have fun. and you may think I'm crazy, but I even love the rehearsals, the required set painting, the striking . . . all of it.

and I found more of the floor and the tabletops in my studio today.

2 comments:

patrick | steed said...

that is AWESOME! i saw south pacific in middle school. congrats yo! i've been trying to work up the nerve to audition for something, but i'm not sure if i have it anymore (no norman j. pitts comments).

good job cleaning up, too. it's the best feeling the next time you walk in the room and see it and remember that you did it.

Meredith said...

THANKS! we had rehearsals this week, and it's going to be so much fun. auditioning again after such a long break was HARD, but it's worth it to get back in. I butchered that solo SO bad . . . the next one should be a breeze.

fine. where's the fun in that though? ;-) sure ya do, you should just try out for chorus or something the first time around.

yeah, I just wanted space to actually MAKE something. empty tables help, but another project and it'll all be trashed again! :-)