Tuesday, November 20, 2007

well said

I was checking out my friend's blog today, and it pretty much sums up how I feel about this issue, so I'm posting it for you here:
Can I just say...- Tia

that I am constantly floored by how lackadaisical people are about sex. I'm sure I'm opening up a whole can of worms here but right now I just don't care.

I just don't see how another person being up in your body or you being up in another person's body can NOT be a big deal. I'm sure I'm coming off as sanctimonious and self-righteous. But if you really think about it, I mean truly take a moment to think about it, sex is a big deal. And just doing it with anyone just doesn't seem right. Making that HUGE of an emotional commitment to someone is so serious. And I'm astonished that people seem to think that because I don't want to just have any ol' body up inside my body that I'm uptight or old fashioned or that I need to "live a little." Eff that. I know how attached I can get from just kissing someone I'm in a relationship with. Don't let me fool around and sleep with someone and then they leave. I would be gutted. I would be an emotional mess for a long time.

Forget what you heard. If you want that level of commitment from me then you damn sure better be willing to wait for me. And I mean wait until we have the same last name. If you just want to get laid, stroll the eff on. I know me. And I know that I'm worth waiting for. And if you can't wait for me, then you don't want me. There's no love loss. We just aren't supposed to be together. And I'd be full of bullshishery if I said that waiting was easy. But there aren't really any alternatives for me. You do what you have to do and hard as it is, I'll do what I have to do...which is wait. But I'm not just going to let you up in my body because you want to be there. Child, PLEASE.....

This concludes my soapbox rant for the day.

you can visit the original here.

1 comment:

Cousin Pat said...

Sex is like smoking. It usually something people try early in life, just to be cool, without understanding any later implications it may have. Some people consider it gross at first, and then get into it. Some people think lowly of smokers, others think they are cool. Smoking can be addictive, time consuming, money consuming and health consuming. There is a lot of preachy-ness and indignation about the issue from all sides. At some point, either prescribed drugs or age and wisdom or having kids help you quit altogether.

Heh heh heh.

If you're going to have morals and standards in this society, be ready for ridicule. Do not be shocked or surprised. Do not expect others to be shocked or surprised. That is the price of having morals and standards in a pluralistic society. Do not be troubled by this. Merely shake the dust from your feet and move on.