Friday, September 09, 2005

oh, of course . . .

hair and makeup went way too smoothly this morning. Actually, everything did up until I tried to start my car. Yes, tried. Dead battery. So, got mom to drive me over to Wally-world to get a new one after I hooked up the charger to see HOW dead the thing was. R.I.P. little battery.

Ok, so normally replacing a car battery is not too hard, and Saturns are pretty easy to do basic maintenance on. No big deal. Except that the housing/heat shield that protects the battery is about as easy to get off as an Orbit at the Tate Center stop. There's a lot of pushing, shoving, squeezing, and even yelling.

"Great, I'm gonna be covered in sweat."

"Aww. It's cold out this morning. No you won't," said my mother.

Guess who was right?

So the new battery is in, I took the morning off from class, and I'm all showered (again) and ready for work.

c'est la vie

No comments: