Monday, October 23, 2006

crashing down

(sorry Mat!)

so the ceiling at work caved in last night. not ALL of it, but I good chunk of sheetrock and insulation was on the floor when I opened the door this morning. My boss had called me last night as I was heading to the cast party for South Pacific to warn me about what I'd see when I came to work the next morning. as I found out from the building manager this morning, a pipe had burst in the apartment above, flooding both that space and the store below. we had thought it was the tenants up to their flood-inducing keggers. so this time it wasn't. at least not entirely.

so today I watched more soggy pieces of sheetrock and chunks of insulation crash to the floor as the maintenance guys ripping them out of the ceiling. when I wasn't wondering if they were going to fall off the ladder it was kinda entertaining. and we actually had some decent sales too.

how was your monday? ;-)

No comments: