Wednesday, October 25, 2006

popularity

MUTEMATH keeps getting better every time I see them. the first time I saw them wasn't really on purpose, even though they were headlining. I went because a friend of mine was opening for them. last night though was off . . . the . . . HOOK! The Whigs performed wonderfully as local boys should, and the surprise was the first of the opening acts - Jonezetta. I'm sure if I go through my old issues of RELEVANT there will be a article about them somewhere, because I know I've heard of the name prior to this tour, but I can't remember when or where exactly.

as this is the third time MUTEMATH has played Athens in less than two year, I'm sure that they'll be back again soon. there seems to be a mutual affinity between the band and the town. go figure. interesting too that a band who sounds the way they do came from New Orleans. very cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey when is your last south pacific performance?

oh and i forgot about mute math. you should have reminded me.

Meredith said...

um, it was LAST weekend. I sent you an email, a MySpace invite, and a bulletin . . . geeze! ;-)

you said you couldn't go! don't worry though, they seem to like playing in Athens, so I'm sure they'll be back (again!) soon. or you could catch them in nashville with us in a couple of weeks. you should definitly check out Jonezetta though. seriously.

Anonymous said...

Sorry :(

i've been kinda out of it for a while. i'm sure you did awesome.

thanks for keeping up with me :)

Meredith said...

hey, your dad has cancer. you get some passes. well, unless you start doing it on purpose! ;-)

I'm auditioning again in January, and maybe sooner if they do this Christmas thing they're talking about.

you're very welcome. keep me posted, ok?