Sunday, October 02, 2005

journal

I don't know what to call this one, but it's going to come out like a journal entry I suppose.

Let's start with the past week. Intense would be an appropriate descriptive. But then again, I'm sitting here typing this fighting off another migraine, so it could also be a theme. Second one in a week. The spiritual tides have become increasingly noticeable lately, which confirmed my suspicions as to why my body craved certain foods (proteins mostly) over the last week. When you go into warfare mode, it happens. It's amazing what we can go through without actually realizing what's happening. I heard this one pastor say over and over that he was one of those who believed that there wasn't one, but a thousand demons behind every bush. Well, if that's true, then
there are at least twice as many angels around. I think we're covered. Not that we should be foolish, but the outcome has already been settled. Just think of the interim as a series of tasks to be completed.

And then there's school. It's great, but more of a challenge now in different ways. As much as self-expression is harped on, one of my professors basically told me mine was wrong. "Your work is a little quiet, I want to see it louder." What? That's the point of this period in my work. The contemplative aspect, the attention to relational aspects, and how I'm interpreting them. I'm going to paraphrase another professor in "shocking is overdone." What if we're so shocked that we've forgotten how to feel? So exposed that nothing affects us anymore? If I could, I'd spend time every evening sitting on the beach with nothing but waves and wind. For now the woods are my ocean.

This weekend was wonderful, from seeing friends friday night, sleeping in saturday morning, and so much fun with more friends last night (although I may have overdone some of it). The Bearfoot Hooker shows are just so much fun. There was dancing upstairs and down. Now, it was a bit of fight to get to church this morning (headache and all), but well worth that.

2 comments:

Cousin Pat said...

That's just called a hangover, not spiritual warfare, though both require protien in order to get better...but I can see how you'd get 'em confused.

Meredith said...

warfare: early part of week.
hangover: end of week.

I think you're the one who got confused, honey.