Tuesday, October 04, 2005

reading

I'm finishing up a couple of books, including one that I started to read six(?) years ago. Wow, it has been that long. oops! This one book is titled The Power of Femininity by Michelle McKinney Hammond. Some of what she's got to say is really good, some a little "?" and so forth. It goes into warnings about how women has the capacity to influence men into things that turn out really REALLY badly. She's not one of the modern feminists (i.e. all men are scum and must be crushed), but more along the lines of yes, women and men are very different, but the bot sexes have alot to bring to the table because of this. That's some of what I remember from the last time I read any of it.

Also up is Tolkien and C.S. Lewis: The Gift of Friendship by Colin Duriez and The Small Rain by Madeleine L'Engle. The novel By L'Engle is the first of two books. I didn't realize this until well into the second one.

I finished Walk On: The spiritual Journey of U2 by Steve Stockman recently, and it's a great read if you're a fan.

No comments: