Tuesday, July 19, 2005

hmmmm . . .

This could be interesting. So Al Gore (or Algore, as my father likes to say) is launching a new TV channel. That's no so interesting. What IS however, is that he's claiming that the channel won't be partisan. This is from a former vice-president. *excuse me while I laugh for a moment* I know, he's claiming to be a recovering politician. Is that to mean that politics is some sort of disease or ailment, dear? If so, then my entire extended family (father’s side) needs hospitalization . . . STAT! But really, how can it be non-partisan? Have you ever, in your life, met anyone who isn't biased to something?

What might be just as interesting is how much attention the rest of media gives this. Without some good old partisan, biased reporting banter the media would probably be either at a total loss for what to say (or do), or just extraordinarily dull. Well then, Ok boys, let the circus begin! But first a few words . . .

"I think the reality of the network will speak for itself. It's not intended to be partisan in any way," said Gore.

Uh-huh . . . riiigghhht. We'll see. We'll at least let you give it a shot.

No comments: